Experienced Property Manager - Water's Edge
Posted:June 3, 2022
Job Title:Property Manager
Reports To:Regional Property Director
The Property Manager is responsible for the total on-site operation of the assigned community. She/he is expected to display a strong commitment to the company goals, values and success of The Breeden Company. Under the immediate direction of the Regional Property Director, a Property Manager is responsible for all Financials, Marketing, Maintenance and Administrative components listed below.
Primary Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all rent is collected, posted and deposited on a daily basis.
- Input the annual operating budget for review with the Regional Property Director
- Maintain accurate records of debt collection.
- Approve all invoices and purchase orders, assuring the products have been received and services have been performed in a satisfactory manner.
- Achieve NOI performance based on operating budget.
- Primary purpose is leasing apartments to achieve and maintain highest occupancy levels at all times.
- Implement market rental rates and specials as directed by the Regional Property Director.
- To complete outside marketing, maintain curb appeal and work on team motivation.
- Prepare Market Survey Reports as requested by the Regional Director.
- Submit accurate outside marketing reports to the Regional Property Director.
- Assure that the site meets The Breeden Company Standards for picturesque curb appeal including common areas, community center and models.
- Coordinate daily activities of the Maintenance personnel to ensure proper response to maintain requests, preparation of vacancies and the overall quality of the community appearance.
- Inspect the property on a daily basis to ensure proper upkeep.
- Schedule work with all contractors to prepare vacancies for rental and complete other miscellaneous projects.
- Assess vacant units prior to renting to meet The Breeden standards.
- Monitor preventative maintenance schedule.
- Acquire competitive bids for refurbishments as directed by Regional Property Director.
- Maintain an organized system for accurate record keeping including resident files, marketing information, maintenance records, inspections and correspondences.
- Supervise all on-site employees.
- Ensure all employees comply with Fair Housing Laws and company policies.
- Oversee all leasing functions.
- Handle resident concerns and problems.
- Process all required forms and ensure the timely submission of required reports and time sheets.
- Prepare a monthly newsletter
- Communicate regularly with the Regional Property Director concerning job responsibilities and expectations.
- Other duties assigned by the Regional Property Director.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Prior property manager experience required
- Minimum 3 years Property Management experience
- College degree preferred
The Breeden Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
When I think of The Breeden Company, I think of excellence – excellence in design, in construction and in the management of their developments. This is a rock-solid company that delivers on its promises, and I am so pleased that they are a part of the Portsmouth community.