Maintenance Technician - Carrollton
Posted:July 27, 2020
Job Title:Maintenance Technician - Carrollton
Reports To:Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager
The Maintenance technician is responsible for all aspects of maintenance on the property, from apartment turns, preventative maintenance, building asset maintenance and grounds maintenance. This includes ensuring the physical aspects of the community meet the company’s established standards for safety, appearance and operation.
Primary Duties include but are not limited to:
- Comply with company’s operating and safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to federal, state, and local laws pertaining to the operations of the community
- Comply with federal, state, and local laws pertaining to Fair Housing
- Uphold all company policies, goals, and values
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times in accordance with company policy
- Be committed to the success of the team and each associate as a team member
- Maintain the highest standards of the physical condition of the community
- Participate in an ongoing community maintenance and improvement plan
- Maintain a positive and friendly attitude towards residents and team members and vendors
- Maintain good communication and listening skills with team members and residents and vendors
- Personally possess necessary tools to efficiently complete maintenance requirements
- Respond quickly and courteously to the resident requests for maintenance service. Company policy is to complete all work orders within 48 hours.
- 24-hour on-call rotation will be required, based on rotation roster for each property
- Follow up on service requests to ensure the highest quality customer satisfaction
- Troubleshoot the source of difficulty and taking appropriate action within the quality and time standards established for the community
- Inspect make-ready apartments for move-in quality and company standard
- Possess and continually improve technical skills in all areas of property maintenance
- Participate in all areas of required asset management, including apartments, building exteriors and grounds (including trash pickup and pressure washing)
- All employees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner while on the job, as well as any time they are on a Breeden community or while wearing a Breeden uniform.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as an Apartment Maintenance Technician or in a similar role.
- HVAC, CMRP, or equivalent certification will be advantageous.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds without assistance.
- Dexterity and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Available to work on weekends
The Breeden Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
When I think of The Breeden Company, I think of excellence – excellence in design, in construction and in the management of their developments. This is a rock-solid company that delivers on its promises, and I am so pleased that they are a part of the Portsmouth community.