Maintenance Technician -The Nest on 17
Posted:July 31, 2023
Job Title:Maintenance Technician
Reports To:Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager
The Maintenance technician is responsible for all aspects of maintenance on the property, from apartment turns, preventative maintenance, building asset maintenance and grounds maintenance. This includes ensuring the physical aspects of the community meet the company’s established standards for safety, appearance and operation.
Primary Duties include but are not limited to:
- Comply with company’s operating and safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to federal, state, and local laws pertaining to the operations of the community
- Comply with federal, state, and local laws pertaining to Fair Housing
- Uphold all company policies, goals, and values
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times in accordance with company policy
- Be committed to the success of the team and each associate as a team member
- Maintain the highest standards of the physical condition of the community
- Participate in an ongoing community maintenance and improvement plan
- Maintain a positive and friendly attitude towards residents and team members and vendors
- Maintain good communication and listening skills with team members and residents and vendors
- Personally possess necessary tools to efficiently complete maintenance requirements
- Respond quickly and courteously to the resident requests for maintenance service. Company policy is to complete all work orders within 48 hours.
- 24-hour on-call rotation will be required, based on rotation roster for each property
- Follow up on service requests to ensure the highest quality customer satisfaction
- Troubleshoot the source of difficulty and taking appropriate action within the quality and time standards established for the community
- Inspect make-ready apartments for move-in quality and company standard
- Possess and continually improve technical skills in all areas of property maintenance
- Participate in all areas of required asset management, including apartments, building exteriors and grounds (including trash pickup and pressure washing)
- All employees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner while on the job, as well as any time they are on a Breeden community or while wearing a Breeden uniform.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as an Apartment Maintenance Technician or in a similar role.
- HVAC, CMRP, or equivalent certification will be advantageous.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds without assistance.
- Dexterity and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Available to work on weekends
The Breeden Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Ray Breeden and The Breeden Company have long led the way with their generous and never ending support of non-profit charities and causes. The example they set is a testament to the philosophy that “giving back “ enriches all. As a long time supporter of the Virginia Beach Neptune Festival , their 12 year sponsorship of the Symphony by the Sea Concert Series has given the gift of incredible live orchestral music to thousands of citizens and visitors.
The Breeden Company has acquired, built and developed some of the finest real estate assets in the country. With the guidance of their founder , a formidable management team has been assembled that can successfully complete the most challenging real estate project . They are one of our most treasured and trusted relationships.
The collective real estate development experience and talent at The Breeden Company is unmatched among private real estate development companies in the Mid-Atlantic. The Breeden team, assembled by Ray Breeden, brings to each project the industry knowledge and expertise needed for success – site acquisition and entitlement, finance, construction, leasing, or ongoing management. The proof is in the pudding – Breeden developed multifamily residential communities and mixed use projects are market leaders throughout Virginia.
The Breeden Company has been developing in Norfolk and the surrounding area since 1967 and remains one of the preeminent developers of multi-family, commercial and single family projects on the East Coast. The past several years, Breeden has invested heavily in Norfolk and is currently developing in Ocean View as well as on the waterfront near downtown Norfolk. The Breeden Company is proud to give back to the Greater Norfolk community through volunteer work and other philanthropic efforts. We value the relationship we have with Breeden and look forward to many years of success.
As a family-owned organization, it’s no surprise that The Breeden Company has an outstanding company culture. I am proud to be part of a company that supports positive working relationships, encourages all to be leaders, and is committed to investing in their team for personal and professional growth.
Berkadia Commercial Mortgage LLC is honored to have worked with The Breeden Company over two decades providing financing for their multifamily projects. Their knowledge of market areas in Virginia, combined with their in-house commitment to excellence in new construction and property management makes my job seem easy. Helping them grow their business and geographic footprint over the term of our partnership has definitely been a highlight of my career in commercial real estate.
I have worked for The Breeden Company for 25 years and am proud to be part of this distinguished organization that promotes growth and values it’s employees and customers.
The Breeden Company has been an outstanding operating partner for Argosy. They have a talented team comprised of great people who are capable of executing on a variety of real estate strategies. Moreover, they have proven to be a great fiduciary with our capital.
Colonial Construction Materials is fortunate to have been a partner to The Breeden Company for the past 18 years. They are a highly professional company with extensive industry knowledge which has made for a terrific working relationship.
The Keyser Capital Team is proud to say that we are partners with The Breeden Group in numerous real estate investments. Their organization is professionally run from top to bottom, always keeping us informed of the status of our investments as well as having expert knowledge of the real estate markets in which they operate. The Development team is unrivaled in knowledge and experience on executing strategies for us, including ground up development through the ultimate management of the operating property.