Service Manager - Pinnacle on 31st Street
Posted:July 10, 2023
Job Title:Service Manager
Reports To:Property Manager and Regional Director
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for total on-site maintenance operations of the property(s) and for leading the efforts of the maintenance team. This includes ensuring that the physical aspects of the community meet the company’s established standards for safety, appearance, and operation within the budgeted financial goals.
Primary Duties include but are not limited to:
- Recruit, hire and train qualified applicants for the team.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude towards Residents and all team members at all times.
- Uniforms are to be worn daily to ensure professional appearance.
- Comply with company’s operating and safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to federal, state, and local laws pertaining to the operations of the community and fair housing.
- Comply with company’s operating and safety polices and procedures.
- Respond within 48 hours for all service requests.
- Follow up on all service requests to ensure the highest quality of customer service.
- Maintain the highest standards of the physical condition of the community
- Maintain a ongoing preventive maintenance plan for the site.
- Coordinate with property manager the maintenance schedule for contractors for the make ready process.
- Manage and inspect all make ready inventory for move in quality and company standard.
- Possess inventory control to assist in the achievement of the property’s annual budget.
- Identify the needs for training and motivation for all staff members.
- Maintain good communication and listening skills.
- Uphold all company policies, goals, and values.
- Be committed to the success of the team and each team member.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Preferred: Three (3) years minimum experience as a Maintenance Supervisor in a multi-family apartment setting or equivalent industry.
- High school diploma; Degree from a vocational school will be a plus
- Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating etc.)
- Knowledge of health and safety practices and regulations
- Understanding of budgeting and performance management
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities
- Experience in estimating maintenance and repair timelines and costs for work that needs to be completed.
- HVAC and EPA Certification
- Successfully pass a drug test and background screening
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays if needed.
The Breeden Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
The Breeden Company has been developing in Norfolk and the surrounding area since 1967 and remains one of the preeminent developers of multi-family, commercial and single family projects on the East Coast. The past several years, Breeden has invested heavily in Norfolk and is currently developing in Ocean View as well as on the waterfront near downtown Norfolk. The Breeden Company is proud to give back to the Greater Norfolk community through volunteer work and other philanthropic efforts. We value the relationship we have with Breeden and look forward to many years of success.
As a family-owned organization, it’s no surprise that The Breeden Company has an outstanding company culture. I am proud to be part of a company that supports positive working relationships, encourages all to be leaders, and is committed to investing in their team for personal and professional growth.
The collective real estate development experience and talent at The Breeden Company is unmatched among private real estate development companies in the Mid-Atlantic. The Breeden team, assembled by Ray Breeden, brings to each project the industry knowledge and expertise needed for success – site acquisition and entitlement, finance, construction, leasing, or ongoing management. The proof is in the pudding – Breeden developed multifamily residential communities and mixed use projects are market leaders throughout Virginia.
I have worked for The Breeden Company for 25 years and am proud to be part of this distinguished organization that promotes growth and values it’s employees and customers.
The Breeden Company has acquired, built and developed some of the finest real estate assets in the country. With the guidance of their founder , a formidable management team has been assembled that can successfully complete the most challenging real estate project . They are one of our most treasured and trusted relationships.
Berkadia Commercial Mortgage LLC is honored to have worked with The Breeden Company over two decades providing financing for their multifamily projects. Their knowledge of market areas in Virginia, combined with their in-house commitment to excellence in new construction and property management makes my job seem easy. Helping them grow their business and geographic footprint over the term of our partnership has definitely been a highlight of my career in commercial real estate.
The Breeden Company has been an outstanding operating partner for Argosy. They have a talented team comprised of great people who are capable of executing on a variety of real estate strategies. Moreover, they have proven to be a great fiduciary with our capital.
Colonial Construction Materials is fortunate to have been a partner to The Breeden Company for the past 18 years. They are a highly professional company with extensive industry knowledge which has made for a terrific working relationship.
The Keyser Capital Team is proud to say that we are partners with The Breeden Group in numerous real estate investments. Their organization is professionally run from top to bottom, always keeping us informed of the status of our investments as well as having expert knowledge of the real estate markets in which they operate. The Development team is unrivaled in knowledge and experience on executing strategies for us, including ground up development through the ultimate management of the operating property.
Ray Breeden and The Breeden Company have long led the way with their generous and never ending support of non-profit charities and causes. The example they set is a testament to the philosophy that “giving back “ enriches all. As a long time supporter of the Virginia Beach Neptune Festival , their 12 year sponsorship of the Symphony by the Sea Concert Series has given the gift of incredible live orchestral music to thousands of citizens and visitors.