Service Manager - Virginia Beach
Posted:July 27, 2020
Job Title:Service Manager
Reports To:Property Manager and Regional Director
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for total on-site maintenance operations of the property(s) and for leading the efforts of the maintenance team. This includes ensuring that the physical aspects of the community meet the company’s established standards for safety, appearance, and operation within the budgeted financial goals.
Primary Duties include but are not limited to:
- Recruit, hire and train qualified applicants for the team.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude towards Residents and all team members at all times.
- Uniforms are to be worn daily to ensure professional appearance.
- Comply with company’s operating and safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to federal, state, and local laws pertaining to the operations of the community and fair housing.
- Comply with company’s operating and safety polices and procedures.
- Respond within 48 hours for all service requests.
- Follow up on all service requests to ensure the highest quality of customer service.
- Maintain the highest standards of the physical condition of the community
- Maintain a ongoing preventive maintenance plan for the site.
- Coordinate with property manager the maintenance schedule for contractors for the make ready process.
- Manage and inspect all make ready inventory for move in quality and company standard.
- Possess inventory control to assist in the achievement of the property’s annual budget.
- Identify the needs for training and motivation for all staff members.
- Maintain good communication and listening skills.
- Uphold all company policies, goals, and values.
- Be committed to the success of the team and each team member.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Preferred: Three (3) years minimum experience as a Maintenance Supervisor in a multi-family apartment setting or equivalent industry.
- High school diploma; Degree from a vocational school will be a plus
- Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating etc.)
- Knowledge of health and safety practices and regulations
- Understanding of budgeting and performance management
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities
- Experience in estimating maintenance and repair timelines and costs for work that needs to be completed.
- HVAC and EPA Certification
- Successfully pass a drug test and background screening
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays if needed.
The Breeden Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
When I think of The Breeden Company, I think of excellence – excellence in design, in construction and in the management of their developments. This is a rock-solid company that delivers on its promises, and I am so pleased that they are a part of the Portsmouth community.