Effective Date: June 9th, 2020
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Sites.
Information You Provide
You may choose to submit information to us while using various features on our Sites. For example, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information, such as your first and last name, phone number, email address, property address or unit number, when using the “Contact Us” form or submitting a work order or maintenance request for your property.
If you are a contractor or other business professional, you may be asked to submit certain personally identifiable information, such as first and last name, business title, phone number, and email address, in connection with bidding on our work or gaining access to our plan room.
Information We Collect
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Your IP address, the type of browser and operating system used;
- Date and time you access our Sites and pages you visit, and if you linked from or to another website, the address of that website; and
- Your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to: estimate our audience size and usage patterns; store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests; speed up your searches; and recognize you when you return to our Sites.
Data Technologies. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Sites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Google Analytics. In addition to using cookies and related technologies as described above, we may use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our Sites. You can opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Google Adwords. We may also use third party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies, including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet. As always, we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other third party remarketing system. If you don’t want to see our ads, you can opt-out of interest-based advertising here http://optout.networkadvertising.org/.
Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites with which they communicate that you do not want to be tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to a DNT signal, we do not currently respond to DNT signals on the Sites.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us in the following ways:
- To contact you about our properties or services that may be of interest to you;
- To provide services to you, such as processing a work order or maintenance request;
- To manage our relationship with you, whether as a residential or commercial tenant, or as a business partner or subcontractor for our construction services;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our properties or services that we offer;
- To administer and protect our business and our Sites, including data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data; and
- For any other purposes with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- In connection with a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business for the purpose of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). In the event the transaction does not go through, we will require, by contract, the other party or parties to the transaction not to use or disclose your personally identifiable information in any manner whatsoever for any purpose, and to return or destroy such personally identifiable information.
- To unaffiliated third parties when we believe its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other unaffiliated third parties in connection with fraud protection.
- To comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or law enforcement request.
If you chose to provide testimonial information or ratings about our properties or services, any information that you submit will be visible to and may be read, collected or used by others who use our Sites. We are not responsible for any information, including personally identifiable information, you choose to provide in such testimonials or ratings.
We have in place what we believe to be reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access of, maintain data security for and correctly use the personal information you have provided. Although such efforts are intended to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information available to us as a result of your use of our Sites, we cannot and do not warrant or guarantee the absolute safety and security of your personal information.
Special Note for Parents
Our Sites are intended for a general audience and were not designed for children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18.